Saturday, September 29, 2012

AR Update 9/29/2012

Action Plan Update:
 
Saturday, September 29, 2012
 
Progress towards my AR Research is moving slow.   This school year, the business of educating students seems to have climbed to new highs.  My goal, to outline action steps necessary to improve Reading scores for 3rd and 4th grade ELL’s has slow to develop.  Just this past week, I have begun to put the necessary reports together as mentioned in my plan.  For some reason, our Eduphoria-Aware data information isn’t communicating with our PEIMS program.  This causes problems in the area of gathering accurate data for the groups my plan is targeted for.
I do have Oral Language Proficiency Test data gathered as well as years in US schools.   The same program used to pull TELPAS and STAAR data will be used for Tejas Lee with the communication of the PEIMS system is worked out.  Our Director of Testing and Accountability is in contact with the vendor to work out the communication issues and hope to have them resolved within the next two weeks.  When this is corrected, it will be my baseline report.   I will pull the data, move it to a CSV Spreadsheet and then create additional categories mentioned in my AR outline.  From there, I will be able to see correlates and begin to formulate plans for suggestions. I hope to use the data tables to show our Kinder and 1st grade bilingual reading interventionists so they can make suggestions for improvement and aid me in setting some goals for sustained improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment